Sit back, grab a cup of Java and enjoy the day!

Welcome to our crazy everyday lives!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

El Salvador Day 4

What a day!  I have to say when we leave early Saturday morning a piece of my heart will stay behind here in El Salvador.  Today was so amazing.  The excitement the kids had at the 2 schools we went to where we did the JRA kid’s camp experience was indescribable.  I will be honest, 100% honest, being here, seeing what we are seeing, how these kids live and still have a smile on their faces.  It really makes you look at your own life, and how you live it. 
I feel so blessed to be part of a church that pours into missions the way they do!  To actually see where the money is going, has gone and will continue to go to is an experience all in itself!  I would encourage everyone at some point in their life to go on a mission trip! 
Today was jam packed full of going to more schools and reaching more kids.  When we were leaving the first school, I had a little girl ask me to pray with her, when I asked her what for (Ok the translator lol) she said that she wanted me to pray for her brother, and that he would ask Jesus in his heart.  I asked her what was going on (again the translator comes in here) and she tells me her brother his part of a gang, or the drug cartel.  So myself and another one of our team members laid hands on her and prayed for her and with her.  As we were leaving, she came to the bus at least 5 times and hugged me from the window; finally I had to get off the bus to give her another hug.  She told me thank you (in English) and that she loved me in (again in English).  That moment made me want to pack her in my suitcase and bring her home with me!  Then we head to the next school, and same thing, little girl hugs me as we were leaving and tells “I love you forever”.  Again, another one I wish I could just pack in my suitcase and bring them home.  But, I know I can’t, but what I can do is continue to pray for them, continue to support missions over here, and continue to come back on future mission trips.  There is something special about this place that I cannot explain, but I do know I will be back!
Tomorrow we are going to hike a volcano, and in the evening attend a miracle service!  I have to say I am excited about both!

Please continue to keep our team in your prayers! It has been a journey I will always remember! 

Jules 

No comments:

Post a Comment